I apologize beforehand before if this is not my usual happy post, there are just some things lately that I need to vent.
I am tired of being made to feel like less of a mom because I am not at home. No one I know is doing this, but every event out there for infants is designed during the week in the morning. I work 630-230, I don't understand why there can be a mommy and me class on a weekday afternoon or a Saturday morning. Most Sat morning classes don't start until age 1 or up. I cant join the moms club because I work. I have been searching for two weeks and have yet to find one class that I can go and enjoy with my daughter. Morgan loves music and movement and I want to put her in a class so we can enjoy that plus meet some other moms with babies with similar ages. But there is nothing out there. It is just frustrating, as if I should not be able to bond with my daughter because I work during the day. Maybe I am being selfish, David could take her. But I was really looking forward to doing this and now I feel like its almost being taken away from us. The more I think about it, it is pretty ridiculous there is nothing on a Saturday. Morgan doesn't go to daycare (rather than at the gym we go to, which is fabulous), but I would love to do something together as a family. It is just disheartening, I wish I could be home all day, but its not an option we have student loans to pay off, I admit I do like working, I just wish society didn't punish me for going to work by taking away opportunities that would benefit my daughters cognitive development. If anyone knows of anything in the valley on a Saturday for infants please let me know!
I'm Not Here To Be Average Free Printable Download
10 years ago

1 comment:
Oh, Liz, I am so sorry. You shouldn't feel like less of a mom. More power to you for being able to work and be a wife and a mother. They are all full time jobs in themselves. I don't know of anything on saturday's, but have you tried the library? I know our library does morning and evening story time for infants.
Post a Comment