Monday, July 14, 2008

I love

being a mom! It is so much fun and yet it is hard not to have her home. We have gotten to know the special care nurses for the last week and their staff is so great! Unfortunatly we werent able to get the nesting room so I had to come home tonight (we had been staying in the nesting room since Friday and she only spent time in the nursery for feedings every 3 hrs) but good news. Morgan had her feeding tube removed this afternoon because she took 5 bottles in a row with no help! The doc said she may be discharged tomorrow or Wednesday, but we will get priority on the nesting room so we can stay overnight tomorrow if needed! We are home getting some much needed rest and cleaning up the house . But it was much easier leaving her there tonight than last week, plus no tube!!! We will be going up there tomorrow with everything ready to go just in case - keeping fingers crossed! We are also going to donate our extra boppy rocker that we received at our shower to the nursery to help the other babies. Pretty much all the other babies were a lot sicker than Morgan and it made me appreciate that she didnt need to go under the bilirubin lights or get hooked up to monitors.There is a baby in there who is 3 months old and only 4 pounds. It definately made me thankful for what I have, a beautiful healthy baby girl!

Here are some new pics. Some are blurry as I was afraid to use the flash. Some of her today in the awesome swing they put in the nesting room. Plus no more tube - I havent gotten a chance to take tubeless pictures!








3 comments:

haydens mommy said...

oh i hope she gets to come home today keeping my fingers crossed!!!! and yay for no feeding tube.

Meagan said...

I'm glad she's doing so well... she definately does not look like a premie! :) It will be exciting for her to come home, but for now- get some rest!!

Cara Jones said...

She is so cute! I am so excited for you guys to have her home. It is absolutely amazing being a mom!!!!